So I got my third paycheck yesterday. I have officially obtained 3 out of the 10 paychecks that I need to obtain the Grand Prize. It may seem like I still have a long way to go, but I have already done more than 30% of what I need, which means on my next paycheck, I am halfway done and I have only have to endure the other half of this Minimum Wage misadventure. Basically, I have calculated that I need to work at most 100 more days (but I could always work more for my wants). Every day that I work (the obligatory Wednesday off doesn't count as a workday) is one 1% toward completing my goal.
However, I think I am getting increasingly paranoid, since I've already developed an antagonistic relationship with namely Troll and the Hobgob. Every time one of them talk amongst themselves or the boss or someone else in low voices, especially when they are aware I am around, I keep thinking that they're talking about firing me. I keep thinking that I'm going to get fired at any moment. Even today, when Skipper asked me to "talk to her after I'm done serving the customer", I was actually getting scared and afraid that she'll tell me that I'm fired. Only later did I find out that she only wanted to ask me if I can stay longer today cause it's so busy (I said no). Living in fear of being fired from my job has been almost a universal constant in all my employment experiences, sometimes with good reason, and living in fear is a shitty way to go. But, as work goes by day by day, the fear subsides more and more, because the difference between how much I have saved up and what I need gets smaller and smaller. I feel myself getting bolder and bolder as each day pass.
Anyways, pretty tired right now, can't think straight, so I'm going to hit the sack and get ready for my 8:30 to 2 shift.
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment