The most important thing that happened was getting my credit card. Finally, I have my own credit card! At the age of 21! Anyways, on the very hour that I am eligible to use my credit card online (24 hours after activation), I went to Farecompare and bought a one-way ticket to Paris from Toronto for 430 Canadian total.
I have reached the point of no return.
No possibility of exile to Quebec; no possibility of outcast to South America. I have to go all in with my first prize now; my round-the-world ambition. There's no looking back, I'm going to have to complete my dream of traveling the around the world, win Survivor: MW, or else risk being stuck in Europe for a few weeks like a loser.
It's becoming reality.
There's several things that prompted this decision.
- This air fare is at least $200 to $300 cheaper than the next cheapest one-way air fare from anywhere in Canada to Western Europe at around that time.
- I have enough money already right now to stay in Europe for a reasonably long time, even if I get fired tomorrow.
- The ticket only costs $430, if I can't go, then I can still go to Quebec/South America for a while, only that I am short $430, which is an unfortunate, but not excessive amount of money or an amount to grieve over.
- Things with Troll and Hobgoblin has gotten a lot better recently, and the chances of me getting fired randomly or getting yelled at has exponentially decreased
As aforementioned, things have gotten a lot better with Troll and Hobgoblin. To be honest, I did change my attitude toward them to get that. One reason was an incident which had the Troll scare the bejesus out of me by pretty much jumping me from behind. What happened was that on that day, when I was at the back doing prepping, and Troll told me to go help the (lone) co-worker at the front, who, from henceforth, shall be referred to in this blog as "That Fucking Stupid Lying Bitch", or SLB for short. So I went over to SLB, and she gave me a task to do (butter the toast, if that matters). Now, there were only 2 customers, which this bitch could easily have handled. I said to SLB, "I can help you, but do remember that I have my own work that needs to be done," and I went on and did what she asked, despite that she was not overwhelmed at all and could've easily have had this handled. When I was done, I asked her if she needs anymore help. She said no, and I went back to work. Five minutes later, Troll came from behind me and started shouting at me, which scared the bejesus out of me cause I didn't know she was there. She yelled "WHY AREN'T YOU HELPING HER????" After I was able to get my heart-rate down to triple-digits again, I managed to tell her "I asked SLB if she still needed my help when I was done, and she told me that she doesn't need my help."
"THAT'S BECAUSE YOU KEPT SAYING 'CAN I GO NOW? CAN I GO NOW?'" I said "I did no such thing. I only said 'do you still need my help', and she said no". Troll yelled at me, saying that she doesn't care, and customers comes first. At this point, I was actually in fear for my safety, and I was so fucking scared by this unstable screaming giant scowling woman in front me that I instinctively managed to say "okay, okay. Be nice. Please." Now, I have no objection to serving customers and following orders and all that, and I understand that at work, you have to be professional, but I was under the impression from SLB, who was not pressured or coerced by me at all, that I was not needed at the front anymore. So I went back to the front and said to her "you told me you don't need me anymore." She said to me "no, I never sent you away". I was fucking furious at this lying bitch, I wanted to punch the SLB in the face right there, for lying to get me in trouble where I didn't need any, and for getting the Troll to scare the shit out of me. Thankfully, I was able to restrain myself from escalating this further and helped out until finally, when there were no customers, I went back to her and said "do you still need my help?" "No". I heard that shit before. "Are you SURE?" I responded. "YES," she said in an irritated and icy tone, as if I am the one pulling her away from work and pestering and getting her into trouble.
To be honest, I am a lot more mad at the SLB than the Troll, even though the Troll scared the bejesus out of me. Later that day, Troll cut my shift by two hours, "because there are too many people." I heard that line before when I was fired from the Thai restaurant. The next week's schedule wasn't there as well, even though it was there on the day prior. I got worried, and at the end of my shift, I asked her if she can make available the next week's shift. She didn't answer, and I asked her if it was in the office. She then yelled at me to go home and call later. I backed off and dashed home on my bike in fear for my life and uncertain about my employment status.
Thankfully, I went back later (after having dinner with my parents for my mom's birthday), checked the board, and found my shift for next week. But during that time of uncertainty about my employment status, I definitely thought that today was too close for comfort, and that, despite all the Trolls, Hobgoblins, and SLBs (have you noticed that all the worst co-workers with the horrible egos and attitudes, at least in jobs like this, are female?), I still need this job to accomplish my goal, and yes, win Survivor: MW.
The next day at work, Troll told Boss about the incident, and Boss talked to me about it. After I explained to him what happened, he said that there's no problem, it's only a miscommunication, and told me to just do what Troll tells me to do. I feel that, at least this time, Troll is not completely at fault here. She may be unpleasant, but this time, it was the SLB that fucked me, Troll is only reacting in her ridiculously unstable way.
Anyways, after being scared like that, and being so ridiculously close to being fired, I decided that it's just not worth it to tangle with someone as irrational and unstable as that. You can only appease, not defeat, her. So now, I'm actually nicer, more friendlier, actually used some words like "please" and "can I ..." in my interactions with her. She actually responded by not yelling at me every time now! Once, she actually went out of her way and helped me find a calculator! This is incredible, because before, she would literally ignore me whenever I ask her or tell her something, before yelling at me. I guess once we both set aside our ego for a bit, we can have a truce.
So for now, I am 95% sure that I will actually be going to France next year. Hopefully there won't be some bullshit that comes up and thwart my life-long ambition again. Survivor: MW continues!
No comments:
Post a Comment