Remember in my last entry, I said that if Troll and I put aside our egos, we can co-exist together peacefully? I lied.
I am now completely convinced that Troll is mentally unstable. She frequently verbally abuses all the male employees and quite often the Boss himself, whom as previously mentioned is also her husband (I guess she wears the pants in that household). As well, she speaks extremely fast and hard and her voice noticeably quivers like a scared little chicken shit that she is when she is put in a situation where she actually has to interact with a customer instead of verbally abusing her male co-workers. She frequently loses her composure and professionalism (from henceforth shall be referred to as "losing her shit"), as I have personally seen her cry during a lunch rush, having to have the Boss take over. As well, I received second-hand report of she having a separate crying episode from a fellow co-worker (henceforth shall be referred to as "Konvict" should he make an appearance in this blog again).
Again, now that the point of no return has been passed, there's nothing to do but go full speed with it, which is kinda inconvenient, actually, because now if things go too far, instead of spitting at my apron and slamming it at Troll's warty face. I actually have to put up with her mental instability.
I can overstate this enough, because although temporary (minimum until March 4th, maximum until mid-April) and the consequences are not too great (lose 450ish dollars and a crappy job), this is nonetheless a taste of an abysmal alternate reality in which I don't get my priority (aka school) straight and end up having to take up a job like this, only to be completely trapped by it and do this for the rest of my life because of how the low-wages and long hours make it so that I only have enough money to sustain yourself to work the job, and not have money saved up to invest in yourself (i.e. go to school), i.e. an alternate reality which I become the Troll. I shudder at the thought, and remind myself that I need to get my shit straight.
Speaking of getting my shit straight, I decided (a while ago) that it would be best to actually go to school in Ottawa, instead of roughing it "out there". Like it our not, Ottawa has become what I am used to, and roughing it in Toronto or Waterloo or anywhere else other than home is just not conducive to learning. The smartest decision, I think, is just to go to school in Ottawa. The getting my shit straight part happened when I called both Ottawa U and Carleton (the two local schools that offer computer science degrees), and it appears that it is possible for me to be admitted to these schools in September of next year, just in time for the end of my academic suspension. I really hope to get into these two schools, they're both excellent and have co-op programs, but I'm especially hoping Ottawa U will give me a chance, because honestly, that is the only university which I actually feel completely and 100% comfortable with ever since I was like, 11, and I can see myself going. I'm too comfortable and familiar with and there's just too much good memories associated with Ottawa U. Also, it's a good opportunity to improve my French. Anyways, I apparently have to send them my GPA from both York and UW and an appeal letter saying why I was suspended and all that crap, which shouldn't be too hard, since I have experience with this. If I get accepted to Ottawa U, life would be grand.
So the Troll has reduced my hours drastically. My hours used to be approximately 35 hours a week. Now it has settled down to something like 26.5 for the past 2 weeks. At first, I was pissed, because I have no nightshifts now, which means I may never work with Colonel again. As well, my traveling plan is in jeopardy, due to me not getting paid enough in time (or more precisely, instead of reaching my goal on early March, I have to work 2 or 4 more weeks before I can not care about getting fired). However, after some modification to my itinerary, I have made it work out so that I can still quit if I want to on March 4th (sorry Janice, can't visit you in Korea this time). This actually is a good thing now, because I have a lot more free-time to do what I need (which is improving my French and German) and what I want and usually end up doing instead (playing Wii).
Anyways, Survivor: MW continues!
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment