So the long weekend of hell is three-fourth over. In retrospect, it wasn't that bad. It's basically exactly like every other weekend that I have, except tack in 3 hours in front of it. I guess I just resented having to wake up early 4 days in a row. But, another week has passed, and I am ever closer to my goal.
To continue my story from last time, I would basically garnish orders (I have not been issued any cashier tasks for quite some time now) through the lunch rush, which usually starts at around 11:15 and begins in ernest at 11:45ish, ending at around 1:30. There may or may not be a post-rush rush that occur starting at around 2:00. If there is, I would do that until the clock strikes 2:30, or if there is not, then I would probably do the pop tower/garbage changing thing, which as aforementioned takes up almost half an hour. Intermissions when we don't have customers would have me go around the tables doing some wiping and/or taking the broom and pan-handle and sweep up the floor.
One thing that I hope I would never have to do is dish washing. I've had enough of that at the restaurants that I worked at, and I refuse to touch any of the grease coated crap without a rubber glove (which we don't have).
People that I usually work with during weekdays are Boss, Troll, the Hob, Konvict, and three previously unmentioned people (henceforth shall be known as Pandora, because I think her name is a character from Avatar, Co-op, because he is a co-op student from Earl of March and a fan of this blog, and Mom, because that's her nickname). Occasionally we may get Bestbuy (he used work here before working at Bestbuy before coming back here).
Why can't you pass the time when there isn't customers by chatting with your fellow co-workers and relaxing, like other places (Quizno's)? Because Troll will yell at you (unless you are the Hob or Mom) to get back to work (which is how I got my of many yelled-at incidents at work). She will say the most abusive things, and coupled with the foul odor that she emits, she makes any interactions or confrontations with her extremely uncomfortable. Her abusive behaviours are so bad that during one clash between him and the Troll, the guy did what one would instinctively do and said that he is quitting (he has since then retracted the quitting by talking to the boss). The point is, when Troll is around, an easy moment will not be had by anyone. Everyone realizes this, even the Hob.
The more that I work at this job, the less things that I actually find annoying. Namely, I actually enjoy garnishing customer's burgers. I no longer mind the customers that want "everything" and say their orders out of sequence. The logic is that the more the customers want, the longer the lines are, and the longer that I get to garnish customers' burgers, because time passes by relatively fast when you do this, and most importantly, working on a customer gives you the best shield against Troll aggression.
More details of my routine to come in future posts. Survivor: MW lives on!
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment